Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Brag Sheet

I don't mean to brag but...


  • I have kept above a 3.0 GPA since Junior HighSchool
  • In my Sophomore year I kept a 4.0 GPA 
  • I have played two water polo seasons on the Righetti water polo team
  • I swam for two swim seasons on the Righetti swim team
  • I have earned a black belt in Taekwondo as well as practiced jiu jitsu, Haganah, and aikido 
  • At age 13 I participated in a trapshooting competition between twenty people and came in second place
  • I am currently an Explorer Corporal with the Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Department
  • Last summer I went through a law enforcement academy for the Explorers put on by the Sheriff Department along with 31 other recruits
  • While attending the academy I was put through rough physical training and even pepper sprayed too
  • In the academy I was taught how to operate all weapons in the Sheriff's arsenal as well as how to dismantle them and put them back together again
  • I had to memorize most if not all of the Radio codes, Vehicle codes, Health and Safety codes, Penal codes, Phonetic alphabet, Unit Designators, and Station Identifiers
  • I graduated the academy with two awards: the "Top Gun" award for being the most accurate shooter out of all of the recruits, and the "Valedictorian" award for graduating at the top of my class
  • 6 people failed this academy because the training was either too difficult or they failed one of the multiple tests
  • Almost every weekend I go on full shifts with the Sheriff Department and work with them all day long, everything from riding on patrol in the car to helping at the station
  • During the academy's range day I was able to go to Vandenburg Air Force Base and fire M240 Bravo Light Machine Gun as well as participate in virtual reality training on base

No comments:

Post a Comment